Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Author Photos for "The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God."

Yesterday was great fun.  I was out having a portrait shot for my book "The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God."

The portrait was shot by an old friend J. Bryan Barnes, who, aside from being the singer of the band Thin Dark Line, is also an accomplished photographer.  Our question was:  What setting?  I suppose most authors pose in an easy chair beside their fireplace wearing a tweed jacket with leather elbows.  Sadly, I didn't have a fireplace.  Or leather elbows.   Bryan suggested that I pose in the middle of a street, ala The Beatles Abbey Road album cover.  I thought it was a great idea.

The thought the perfect street was Harford Road.  When I was a kid, the intersection of Harford Road and Hamilton Avenue seemed like the center of the universe.  It was also highly appropriate because most of the events depicted in the book happened within a few blocks of Harford Road.

The photos were taken in the street between St. Dominic Catholic Church, where I attended Elementary School, and St. Johns United Methodist Church.  Bryan snapped about 150 photos.  I posted four selects on Facebook to let my friends decide which one was best.   They overwhelming liked the first one.  Sheri Williams, the publisher of TouchPoint Press requested that one and the second photo.  I am curious which one she will use on the book.  Here are the two selects:



While I had Bryan, I couldn't resist getting a portrait with my lovely wife Deborah.  Here it is:


"The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God" is my inspirational true story of first faith and first love and how the two became almost fatally intertwined.   It will be released by TouchPoint Press in July of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment