Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Friday, October 9, 2009

Black Dynamite


Last night I attended the New York Premiere of the upcoming blaxploitation spoof Black Dynamite along with my lovely wife Deborah and my writing partner Tim Ratajczak. The three of us were the guests of the mighty Matt Richards who was one of the producers of Black Dynamite. Matt had also the producer of Holyman Undercover, which Tim and I co-wrote along with star/director David A.R. White.

There's the trailer:


I found the film very funny, and I believe it will be a sleeper hit of the fall when it hits the theaters next week. As I watched the cast and crew enjoy this special moment, I couldn't help but think how the success of this film could change the lives of the people involved. Every movie, no matter how good or bad, that gets made is a miracle in its own right. It takes so many of the right people to say yes at the right moment to make a film happen. And the odds against a little independent film like Black Dynamite getting a genuine theatrical release are astronomical.

This film was such a labor of love for everyone involved, particularly for writer/star Michael Jai White and writer/director Scott Sanders. I hope this film takes everyone, including the mighty Matt Richards, to the next level.

I'm just glad I got to go to the party.

Right on.

(Photo: Deborah Murphy, Michael Jai White, Sean Paul Murphy, Matt Richards.)

Let's stay in touch:

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment